I’ve debated about starting up a street team for a while now. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go that route just yet or keep plugging away on my own. Truth of the matter is, I’ve really not been doing this on my own. Sure, the writing is all me and my alter egos, but the promotions and the day to day work on getting my work, my name and my brand out there has been happening with a lot of help. Without me even realizing it, I’ve had an unofficial street team of sorts.
People have been reading my books and spreading the word to their friends and family. They’ve been stopping in to my blogs, supporting me in all the hops, liking all of my pages and posts. They’ve been re-tweeting every little word I put out on Twitter and it’s been fabulous! I’ve been able to get extra swag and sent that out to folks who’ve won contests and basically just been my cheerleaders when I needed it the most.
Seeing that others have formed official teams of people to help them out I wanted to do this too. The biggest reason is to be able to thank those who have stuck by me through it all, every step of the way. For that support, I want to be able to give a little extra back.
How does this all work? Well, the rules are basically up to me…LOL! Seriously, for those who agree to be members of the Behind Closed Doors Street Team, you will be entitled to several perks.
- access to Advanced Reading Copies (ARC’s) of my new releases before others
- special giveaways for street team members only
- first chance to be part of my book release tours
- access to deleted scenes, free reads and new swag before the rest of the public
- access to a closed Facebook group where we can plot and scheme to take over the world together…errr…talk about any topic you wish, about my books, pen names, bounce ideas off each other, etc.
- First look at all new covers, banners and buttons before they are released anywhere else.
- You’ll get a button to put on your blog/website to show you’re part of the team too.
What do you have to do in return?
- continue to do what you do best, spread the word about my books, blogs and projects
- help me get my name and brand out there to more folks through social media: Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Stumbled Upon, Tumblr, Pinterest
- post your honest reviews of my work on Amazon, Goodreads, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, and Bookstrand (My Earnest Reviews), and any other site where you wish
- join me for other events such as blog hops, release parties and chat groups
If you’re interested, please leave your name and contact information below as well as a link to your blog, Goodreads profile, or your Facebook page. Why do I ask for that? To make sure you’re a real person and not a bot of course! LOL
I’ve just started the Facebook Group for the street team. Click HERE for the link and request to be a member. See you there!
Special thanks to Paloma Beck for doing a blog post about street teams and encouraging me to start mine up now. Thanks, Paloma!